LED stands for Light Emitting Diode which is considered the most eco friendly way of generating light and uses less power consumption. There are varieties of lights available in the market, conventional bulbs, tube lights, fluorescent lights, lava lamps, etc. but LED lights are the most reliable, easy to maintain form of lights.
They are various products for different purposes:
- LED parking lot lighting
- LED wall packs
- Retro fix kits
- LED area and flood lights
- Sports lighting fixtures
- High Bay lights
The reasons for its importance are:
- Long life: LED’s don’t heat up so they produce light for longer time. Studies suggest that a LED can work for about 11 years continuously that is about 100,000 hours.
- Energy Efficient: LED doesn’t waste energy in producing unnecessary heat as the purpose is to produce light, so it requires very less electricity to function saving a lot of money for the user.
- Environment friendly: LED is made from non toxic chemicals for example: fluorescent light contains mercury in it. LED are 100% recyclable and helps to decrease the carbon foot print.
- Tough in quality: It has a solid texture and can any rough condition; it is shock proof, vibrations proof and resistant from external impacts. So it can be the ideal form of light used outdoors.
- Safe: LED’s don’t emit Ultra violet Rays and only produces infrared transmissions which are a very important reason for the greatness of LED. Because of this, a lot of the museum, art galleries etc use it as it doesn’t harm the artifacts with the UV radiation.
- Flexible: it can be combined, shaped, molded in any way to create the best of the designs.
- Better control: Because LED is a single diode, so a light will contain a lot of them, hence each diode can be controlled providing different patterns in light, dimness and defected diode can easily be replaced which is better than buying a whole new light.
- Weather friendly: conventional lights can cause complications in extreme hot or cold weathers, whereas LEDs can work in both styles of climates.
- Its light can be directed in an effective way and does not require any external reflecting tools for it.
- It is a very low voltage product so it is ideal for the use in areas where there is problem of overloading etc.
Concluding, LEDs are the future of lighting as it protects the environment, made up from non toxic materials, consumes less power and is flexible for various purposes.