LED lights are ecological savior of our planet. LED stand for Light emitting diode which is a two lead semiconductor light source. LED was first introduced in 1962 and since then its development and diversity has been growing exponentially. Its popularity has taken over the traditional forms of lighting and here’s why:
- LEDs consume less power than traditional lighting which saves electricity and therefore money.
- It does not contain any toxic material like other fluorescent lighting.
- LED does not emit UV radiation which is common in the ordinary lights.
- It is highly durable, shock proof and weather resistant.
- Unlike Bulbs, LED does not waste energy in heat which makes it more efficient.
There are several types of LED lights that are available in the market. One of the trendy types is LED flood light. It is used for various purposes for lighting outdoor areas. Warehouses, perimeters of houses, theaters, playgrounds and stadiums are few of the locations where flood lights are most efficient. There are all sorts of flood lights available but LED flood light stand out because of the following:
- LED flood lights have unique longevity which makes it the first choice.
- Traditional flood lights consume a lot of electricity as they are generally used for outdoor purposes, whereas LEDs provide the same in half of traditional lights consumption.
- Ordinary flood light produces a lot of heat which damages it with slight change in weather; this problem is not seen in case of LEDs.
- It emits white light which is quite similar to sun light. Because of this reason these are preferred in stadiums.
- It does not emit carbon and is not affected by temperature changes which make it the most appropriate outdoor lighting.
Not only Flood lights, all the forms of LED lighting are more efficient, environment friendly and power saving. This is the reason why environmentalists also support LED over Traditional lighting. With the complications of limited resources, depletion of ozone and global warming LEDs are turning out to be the savior of the planet providing bright aura without causing harm to Earth.