LED lights are getting popular day by day and slowly taking over the conventional light industry of fluorescent lightings and so on. LED means light emitting diode which is a two lead semiconductor light source and was founded in 1927 by Oleg Losev which was later modified by Nick Holonyak in 1962. There are several reasons why LED light source is much better than the traditional fluorescent light and bulbs.
Some of the significant reasons are:
- LEDs are made from non toxic chemicals making it more eco friendly than any other category of lights.
- Adding to the eco friendly factor, LEDs do not emit Ultra Violet rays which is quite typical in fluorescent lighting.
- LEDs are made from durable material which makes them appropriate for outdoor lighting.
- They are shock resistant and weather proof which makes them ideal source of lighting.
- LED lights consume less power saving a lot of electricity, thus saving a lot of money on electricity bills.
- LEDs are efficient in conserving energy which means it doesn’t produces any unnecessary heat like bulbs.
- LEDs are made from single diode which makes it easier to control and thus are used in retro lights, club lights and various LED wall packs.
- LED lights emit bright white light which is similar to sun rays and because of this factor these lights are preferred in stadiums and as flood lights.
These factors make LED more efficient and beneficial source of lighting. The LED industry has evolved into a colossal entity. With over millions of users worldwide, it is surely becoming the future of lighting. Many are opting LED lights because its environment friendly, some because it is not harmful and most of them are using it because it is saving a lot of money on their electricity which in a way is ecological. The category of LED lights have increased more than any other light, creating parking pole lights, garage lights, flood lights and so on. If you want to be a part of this ecological trend then do consider replacing your lights with the planet saving form of lights. Look up online to find the best supplier in your town to get an affordable deal.