LED stands for Light Emitting Diode which is considered the most eco friendly way of generating light and uses less power consumption. There are varieties of lights available in the market, conventional bulbs, tube lights, fluorescent lights, lava lamps, etc. but LED lights are the most reliable, easy to maintain form of lights.
There are several reasons why LEDs are very ecological and are getting popular among the people extensively. Following are the benefits of using LED lightings instead of the conventional ones:
- Long life: LED’s don’t heat up so they produce light for longer time. Studies suggest that a LED can work for about 11 years continuously that is about 100,000 hours.
- Energy Efficient: LED doesn’t waste energy in producing unnecessary heat as the purpose is to produce light, so it requires very less electricity to function saving a lot of money for the user.
- Environment friendly: LED wall pack is made from non toxic chemicals for example: fluorescent light contains mercury in it. LED are 100% recyclable and helps to decrease the carbon foot print.
- Tough in quality: It has a solid texture and can any rough condition; it is shock proof, vibrations proof and resistant from external impacts. So it can be the ideal form of light used outdoors.
- Safe: LED’s don’t emit Ultra violet Rays and only produces infrared transmissions which are a very important reason for the greatness of LED. Because of this, a lot of the museum, art galleries etc use it as it doesn’t harm the artifacts with the UV radiation.
- Flexible: it can be combined, shaped, molded in any way to create the best of the designs. There are various LED wall packs which are available in the market.
- Better control: Because LED is a single diode, so a light will contain a lot of them, hence each diode can be controlled providing different patterns in light, dimness and defected diode can easily be replaced which is better than buying a whole new light.
- Weather friendly: conventional lights can cause complications in extreme hot or cold weathers, whereas LEDs can work in both styles of climates.
- Its light can be directed in an effective way and does not require any external reflecting tools for it.
- It is a very low voltage product so it is ideal for the use in areas where there is problem of overloading etc.
LEDs can be referred as the future of efficient lighting as they do not produce harmful UV rays and also utilize the energy efficiently which makes it the most ecological form of lighting created by the human race.